The value of in-kind time performed by hard-working volunteers doubles GARNA’s annual budget. Individual volunteers give thousands of hours of their time supporting of specific activities and we couldn’t accomplish our mission without them.
Upcoming Volunteer Events:
Please see our calendar of events for upcoming Volunteer opportunities.
A sampling of other ways to get involved:
- Come out for one of GARNA’s Youth Ecological Literacy Program school field trips and work with young people in our community – lead an activity, take around a group or assist one of the natural resource agency staff
- Monitor and maintain trails in our vast Wilderness areas with the Upper Arkansas Wilderness Volunteers
- Monitor and maintain trails in the Fourmile Travel Management Area with the Friends of Fourmile
- Salida Trail Restoration Project: Join GARNA, LTUA, SPOT, SCC, the City of Salida and Chaffee County to help weed, seed and mulch many areas along the Monarch Spur Trail. Learn about invasive weeds and the importance of biodiversity for pollinator and wildlife resilience along this important community connector. Learn more.
- Join the public programs committee and develop and coordinate exciting GARNA public programs or share your expertise and lead a program!
Please contact GARNA if you are interested in working with other talented and passionate volunteers educating and fostering stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.