- This event has passed.
GARNA’s 2018 Photo Contest Fundraiser
August 13 - September 7
We’re seeking your best PHOTOS from the Upper Arkansas Valley region for GARNA’s 5th annual PHOTO CONTEST & FUNDRAISER
WHEN: GARNA’s 5th Annual Photo Contest begins August 14, 2018, and ends September 7, 2018, at 5:00 PM. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest.*
Who may enter: GARNA Members and non-members are encouraged to participate. The entrance pricing reflects GARNA’s desire to encourage membership but does not provide GARNA members an advantage in winning. GARNA welcomes all photographers to submit photos of the upper Arkansas River Valley, especially those who are new to photography. GARNA will award a “Novice” winner in each of the categories. Photographers who have not received a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place award in previous GARNA Photo Contests may register as a “Novice”.
What to enter: Photo subjects must be from the Upper Arkansas Valley area only – from Leadville to Canon City.
The following are the 2018 six contest categories:
- Mountainscapes: Scenes of our local mountain ranges that surround the Upper Arkansas River Valley
- Winterscapes/Holiday: Native winter scenes and unique holiday imagery of our area
- BIRDS: Native resident species or migratory birds that fly through the Upper Arkansas River Valley area
- Wildflowers: Native species of wildflowers in their natural setting
- River/Riverscapes: Arkansas River or mountain creeks
- WILDLIFE: Any native species from elk to snakes, and pikas to butterflies
Submissions will be judged by an expert panel of professional photographers who will select a winner in each of the 6 categories. Winning photos will best communicate the beauty, grandeur, delight and special quality of the Upper Arkansas Valley. A People’s Choice winner will also be selected from the top 7 photos in each category. The top 7 photos in each category will be posted on the GARNA website and on GARNA’s Facebook page to facilitate the People’s Choice Award voting.
- GARNA Members:
- 1 photo @ $10.00
- 2 photos @ $20.00
- 3 photos @ $25.00
- 4 photos @ $35.00
- 5 photos @ $45.00
- 6th photo is free! @ $45.00 (6 photo maximum)
- 1 photo @$15.00
- 2 photos @ $30.00
- 3 photos @ $35.00
- 4 photos @ $50.00
- 5 photos @ $65.00
- 6th photo is free! @ $65.00 (6 photo maximum)
- JOIN GARNA NOW and receive member rates. Your membership dollars support important GARNA programming!
- A single photo may be submitted for more than one category however the entry fee is per submission not per photo
- Do not include recognizable people
- Submitted photos must be taken within the Upper Arkansas Valley Watershed (i.e. Leadville to Canon City)
- Include specific information about where each photo was taken and month taken with all submissions
- We reserve the right to move submissions to a different category if we think it is a better fit
- Submission photos may not have been used previously for professional purposes
- All photos submitted may be used by GARNA for promotional and other purposes with attribution to the photographer
- You may submit a maximum of 6 images.
- For production purposes, all submissions must be submitted:
- In a 5 x 7 ratio (either landscape or portrait)
- At a good resolution, at least 2100 x 1500 at 300 dpi, 2 MB
- On most cameras and phones, “Details” will show the photo resolution and size
- Research online to find out more about how to find out the resolution of your photo for your specific camera
How to enter: Please submit photographs and requested information online by Monday, September 7, 2018, 5pm.
- Preferred method: Fill out this Google Form for each photo, photos will be attached to the form.
- If you are not comfortable with the Google Form, email your completed entry form and images, each with a title, in submission format (above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail your completed entry form to GARNA, PO Box 1522, Salida, CO 81201. All images must be submitted electronically to email@example.com!
Many GARNA programs require a liability release form be filled out each calendar year.
Your registration is secured upon receipt of payment. If you prefer not to register online (recommended), you may mail a check, made out to “GARNA” to the address below. Please include a note with the program you are registering for.
PO Box 1522
Salida CO 81201
If we are notified of your need to cancel within 24 hours of program date, your program fee will be refunded except for a $3.00 administrative fee. If minimum enrollment has not been met by program date, programs will be cancelled 2 days prior to the date and we will refund the full amount.