Who we are…
Nature Centered, Community Driven. GARNA is the Arkansas River Valley’s only local broadly focused conservation and educational institution with non-profit status. GARNA’s funding comes from contributions from its partner public agencies, map and publication sales and from grants. However, the value of in-kind time performed by hard-working volunteers doubles GARNA’s annual budget. Individual volunteers give thousands of hours of their time supporting of specific activities.
GARNA is also supported by membership fees. We have over 300 members and growing…will you join us?
Whether you are a long-time resident or a newcomer, joining GARNA demonstrates your support for
- preserving and protecting natural resources through support of land management agencies, Land Trusts, and other community-based organizations.
- educating citizens on local environmental issues.
- providing adult and youth-oriented educational presentations, seminars and field trips.
New Member Benefits in 2018!
All membership levels enjoy the following benefits but please see our FULL LIST for how supporting GARNA can benefit you or your organization.
- 20% discount on all items at all times in GARNA book and map outlets
- Advanced notification and invitations to special events and activities
- Reduced registration fees for GARNA programs and activities
- Access to GARNA’s special interest clubs: Birding Club, Summer Hiking Club, Earth-Friendly Book Club and Photography Club
- Opportunities to volunteer in meaningful ways with like-minded Arkansas River corridor residents.
- Ptarmigan Lake: Student/Volunteer Level – $15
- Franz Lake: Individual Level – $35
- Chalk Creek: Family Level – $50
- Browns Creek: Supporter Level – $80
- Zoom Flume: Donor Level – $150
- Silver Bullet: Patron Level – $250
- Sunshine Falls: Benefactor Level – $500
- The Numbers: Event Sponsor – $1,000
- Pine Creek: Annual Event Sponsor – $5,000
Join (or renew) online below with a credit card via Click & Pledge or if you prefer to join using a check, please print a GARNA Membership Application fill out the GARNA Membership Application and mail it along with a check or money order to the address on the form. When we receive your membership, we will mail you a tax receipt and additional information.
Annual membership begins the month you join/renew. Thanks and welcome aboard!
Please support these businesses, they support GARNA.
- The Book Haven
- Rescue Essentials, Carey & Company, Ltd
- Central Colorado Foodshed Alliance
- Chipita Counseling Services
- Colorado Backcountry Adventures
- Colorado Central Magazine
- Diesslin Structures Inc.
- High Country Bank
- Hittle Landscape Architects
- Law Office of Randy Canney
- The Mixing Bowl
- Moonlight Pizza & Brewpub
- Pinto Barn
- Pitts Resource Consulting, LLC
- Salida Family Dentistry
- Salida Mountain Sports
- Salida Museum Association