- This event has passed.
GARNA’s 2017 Photo Contest Fundraiser
September 29 @ 8:00 am - October 17 @ 5:00 pm
Seeking your best PHOTOS from the Upper Arkansas Valley region for GARNA’s annual PHOTO CONTEST & FUNDRAISER
Win Prizes, Recognition and GARNA’s gratitude!
Submissions will be judged by an expert panel of professional photographers who will select a winner in each of the 6 categories. Winning photos will best communicate the beauty, grandeur, delight and special quality of the Upper Arkansas Valley. A People’s Choice winner will also be selected from the top 3 photos in each category. The top 3 photos in each category will be posted on the GARNA website and on GARNA’s Facebook page to facilitate the People’s Choice Award voting.
PHOTO CATEGORIES for 2017
Photo subjects must be from the Upper Arkansas Valley area only – from Leadville to Canon City.
Subjects may include landscapes, wildflowers, wild animals and birds, etc.
- Winter season
- Spring season
- Summer season
- Autumn season
- Holiday imagery
- Newbies! First timers and amateur contestants who have not placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a prior GARNA contest.
- Entry fees: 1 photo submission @ $10; 3 submissions @ $25; 6 submissions @ $50; GARNA members: 6 entries for $45
- A single photo may be submitted for more than one category however the entry fee is per submission not per photo
- Do not include recognizable people
- Submitted photos must be taken within the Upper Arkansas Valley (i.e. Leadville to Canon City)
- Include specific information about where each photo was taken and month taken with all submissions
- We reserve the right to move submissions to a different category if we think it is a better fit
- Submission photos may not have been used previously for professional purposes
- All photos submitted may be used by GARNA for promotional and other purposes with attribution to the photographer
PHOTO FORMAT and DEADLINE
- All photos are due end of day TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17
- For production purposes, all submissions must be:
- JPEG format
- 5 x 7 ratio (either landscape or portrait); if they are not, we reserve the right to crop with our best discretion
- Resolution minimum (at least meet one of the following): 200 dpi, 2 MB, 1000 x 1400 pixels
- Free of identifying marks (names or copyright)
- Email your photos, title as file name to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download EXCEL version of SUBMISSION FORM, fill out and email to email@example.com. Use the PDF of SUBMISSION FORM if you are unable to use excel version. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR print and mail if you pay by check.
Pay the entry fee via secure online payment below (you do not need a pay pal account, only a credit card) or mail a check with your submission form to: GARNA, PO Box 1522, Salida CO 81201
NOTE CARDS and OTHER PHOTO PRODUCTS
This year we are considering the following product offerings:
- Photo note cards of the winning photos in each category
- 2018 GARNA calendar
- Coffee mugs
- Larger print options including metal prints
PLEASE NOTE: By submitting photo(s) to GARNA you hereby give permission to GARNA to utilize the image(s) to promote and/or fund raise solely for the benefit of GARNA. While not monetarily compensated, the photographer will be credited. The photographer is free to use the photo in any way where it is not in “competition” with GARNA. For example, GARNA plans to use the winning photos to make photo notecards to sell, publicize and support GARNA activities; the photographer will refrain from offering similar cards with that photo.
Many GARNA programs require a liability release form be filled out each calendar year.
Your registration is secured upon receipt of payment. If you prefer not to register online (recommended), you may mail a check, made out to “GARNA” to the address below. Please include a note with the program you are registering for.
PO Box 1522
Salida CO 81201
If we are notified of your need to cancel within 24 hours of program date, your program fee will be refunded except for a $3.00 administrative fee. If minimum enrollment has not been met by program date, programs will be cancelled 2 days prior to the date and we will refund the full amount.